Now that spring is in full effect, it’s time to start thinking about ways to take excellent care of yourself. Among the easiest and most effective is to schedule regular appointments with your OBGYN for annual check-ups and routine visits. That way, you’ll always have a clean bill of health and be able to know right away if something is a cause for alarm and a visit to Dr. Ahmadinia of OBGYN High Desert.
In addition to playing the role of the informed and empowered patient, there are other things you can do to enhance your health and well-being. Here are some excellent ways to care for yourself this spring:
- Get an adequate amount of sleep each day. Your body needs rest. Aim for eight to nine hours a day. Refrain from taking a nap in the afternoon because it disrupts your sleep schedule. Make your bedroom a comfortable oasis of calm that invites sleep through its cool, clean environment.
- Break up with busy. You do not need to plan out every single minute of every single day. It’s perfectly fine to have idle time. In fact, without it, you can burn out very quickly. Give your schedule some wiggle room by keeping your days open and flexible as much as possible.
- Use your downtime to practice relaxing. Most women have no idea how to relax. They’re shallow breathers with enormous amounts of stress in their lives. Take time to breathe deeply and meditate. A few minutes of quiet mindfulness makes all the difference in the world.
- Drink plenty of water. As the temperatures start to slowly rise, your body’s need for H2O increases. Make sure that you’re drinking as much water as you possibly can. If you can’t seem to get enough of the clear stuff, add water-filled fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Eat nourishing foods that are in season. Find a chart online or talk to Dr. Ahmadinia about the best options that await you for spring. That way, you can upgrade your shopping list to include healthier fruits and vegetables at prices you can afford. Eating is season saves you money and ensures that you get the vitamins and minerals your body needs most.
Don’t forget to contact OBGYN High Desert to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ahmadinia right away. Having a check-up helps identify any potential problems that may have occurred between visits and allows the doctor to come up with a plan that meets your needs immediately. Taking preventative measures to care for your health is far easier than trying to treat a complicated disorder or disease.