If you’re pregnant, congratulations! We want to be the first to say how absolutely thrilled we are for you. As a clinic that specializes in the care of women, we see a lot of mothers throughout the year. We want you to know that you’re in excellent hands when you come to OBGYN High Desert for your pre-delivery and post-delivery needs. Dr. Ahmadinia takes wonderful care of his patients and their little ones. He even provides care for women who are considered ‘high-risk’ and need extra time and attention to deliver healthy babies.
A New Type of Pregnancy Experience Awaits You
If you’ve never been pregnant before or want to experience a different type of pregnancy than you had in the past, there are things you can do to make things better for you. By making self-care a priority, you’re better able to care for yourself and your child while carrying them, giving birth to them, and raising them.
Here are five ways to enjoy a healthier pregnancy today:
- Put your needs first. If you’re already a mother, you may find it increasingly hard to do. It’s imperative, however, that you’re caring for yourself in a way that is healthy, productive, and positive. Do not neglect yourself because you’ll ultimately be doing a disservice to those who care and rely mostly on you. If you’re not healthy, they won’t be, either.
- Quit eating processed foods. Sure, they fill you up but provide you and your baby with little nutrition. Opt instead for whole foods with little to no packaging. Think fresh produce, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats. If there is a farmers market in the area, shop it.
- Drink lots of water. It’s calorie-free, readily available, and helps flush impurities out of the body. It’s the key to healthier skin, less swelling in the body, and better respiration. Carry a water bottle around with you so you can sip often while on the go. Dehydration causes a myriad of health problems such as headache and confusion.
- Move your body in a way that feels natural to you. As you get closer to your delivery date, some forms of exercise become harder to do. Your growing belly gets in the way! Opt to do low-impact exercises such as walking, yoga, or swimming until you can’t stand to do them anymore. You’ll keep excess weight off your body and prevent pregnancy complications caused by obesity.
- Find someone you trust to talk to. Being a mom carries a lot of emotions with the role. Investing in your mental health by finding some people you feel comfortable talking to is very important. It doesn’t need to be a family member or a friend, either. It can be a therapist or religious leader.
These suggestions serve as a starting point for you to explore. As with any other habit that you develop, the more you do it, the quicker it catches on. It becomes second nature to you in no time.
Get the Help You Need While Pregnant and After Giving Birth from Dr. Ahmadinia
Dr. Ahmadinia provides excellent care to women of all ages throughout their pregnancies. If you’ve never been seen by him before but want an OBGYN that cares about you and your baby, contact OBGYN High Desert to set up an appointment today. If you suspect that you’re pregnant but aren’t 100% sure, schedule a pregnancy test with the doctor right away.