Now that spring is almost here, it’s time to start thinking about all the things you can do to feel better about yourself, your health, and your lifestyle. In addition to decluttering your home by spring cleaning, you should come up with a spring health care checklist. Crossing items of the list help you be better prepared for the rest of the year.
Here is your spring health care checklist:
- Make sure that you get plenty of Vitamin D now that the sun is shining more and its warmer outdoors. Even in California, the weather can be cooler than you’d like it to be. If you found yourself cooped up longer than you wanted inside your home this winter, it’s time to start enjoying the sunshine once again. Fifteen minutes a day of sunshine on your exposed skin is enough to start Vitamin D production naturally in your body. If you want to feel energized, make sure that you get outdoors on sunny days as much as possible.
- Draft a list of questions to ask your OBGYN on your next exam date. That way, you’re able to address all of your concerns at once. You won’t have to wait until the next time you come in to talk to Dr. Ahmadinia about something that is bothering you. Schedule follow-up visits to run additional tests or procedures that need to be done to protect your health.
- Discover a new way to stay active. Variety is the spice of life. Instead of relying on the same exercises as you did all winter, why not try something new and exciting in place of your normal workout routine?
- Eat nutrient-dense, low-calorie foods to help nourish your body and help you stay healthy. What you consume fuels your body, making it possible for you to do all the things you set out to do. Eat a wide variety of foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
- Take time to do the things you love and engage in some much-needed self-care. Spend time doing activities that make you feel positive and motivated. Schedule “me time” into your calendar as often as possible. If you can do acts of self-care daily, you’ll be happier and healthier.
Make health care a priority this spring. While you’re busy getting other affairs in order, don’t forget to schedule an appointment with OBGYN High Desert. Dr. Ahmadinia and staff want to make sure that you’ve had your yearly exam and that any tests that need to be ran are done so right away. That way you can enter the next season without health concerns. You’re able to enjoy your summer knowing that you took care of medical and gynecological exams in the spring.