When it comes to caring for yourself, there are some things you can do that are transformative. You’ll walk away from the experience feeling good mentally, physically, and emotionally. Get in the habit of doing the following five self-care practices and watch them change your life for the better:
- Take some time out just for you. Do you ever have time just to yourself? If you don’t, you can change that easily by sneaking away for a little alone time. Consider scheduling a weekly date for yourself that involves doing some of the things you love most. Go to the movies, visit a museum or bookstore or get a massage. You deserve it!
- Detox from all things digital. It’s very easy to get caught up in a digital world with technology all around you. Take a few hours or even a day to detox from the stress of it all. Shut down your computer or tablet and silence your phone. Meet up with a friend face-to-face for a cup of tea or coffee and some much-needed conversation.
- Write about how you feel. Keeping a journal is a great practice to get into because it gives you a safe place to write down your feelings, explore your creativity, and document your days. You don’t have to be extremely formal about this self-care practice. Grab a spiral notebook and pen if you want and just start writing. There is no right or wrong way to do it.
- Get outdoors. There’s something magical about being outdoors. Take a moment to change your scenery by convening with nature. Use your lunch break as an excuse to eat outside or take a brisk walk before returning to work. Note how great you feel after a week of ‘power hour’ lunches.
- Schedule an exam. Your physical health is an important part of your overall well-being. Taking good care of yourself involves regular visits to your gynecologist. Don’t neglect to do this as it’s a way to prevent disease and manage menstrual disorders.
You’ve done your part to do good things for others. It’s now time to do good things for yourself. Set aside some time to do the following five things on a regular basis and note how empowering regular self-care is. Contact Ahmadinia Reza MD in Apple Valley to set up an appointment with OBGYN Dr. Ahmadinia today.