With a new year comes plenty of opportunities to change your ways. If you’re looking to have a better experience with your health in 2019, there are things you can do to make that happen. From the relatively easy to the routine, you’ve got options that enhance your lifestyle and make you feel better than you have before. As healthcare providers, we’re well-versed on the subject and want to offer you some suggestions you may not have thought about before.
Here are five healthy practices to adopt in 2019:
- See your OBGYN regularly. Get into the habit of seeing Dr. Ahmadinia often. Schedule appointments and keep them. Don’t let the guise of good health fool you into believing that you don’t need your gynecologist. You do! You also need to make it a point to see your general practitioner often for health and wellness checks. You don’t need to be sick or in pain to see healthcare professionals.
- Don’t ignore your body. It’s not your imagination or you being too worrisome to think that something is off with your health. Listen to your gut and schedule an appointment with your gynecologist right away to be on the safe side. It’s better to have a false alarm than to live with a condition that worsens without treatment. Do body scans at home to see where the pain is. Record your experiences in a small notebook or in your phone, so you don’t forget to tell your OBGYN everything you’re experiencing.
- Get plenty of sleep. Rest is restorative. It allows your body to heal and recover from the day-to-day activities you’ve engaged in. Make it a point to get 6 to 8 hours of sleep at night minimum. If you have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep, consider getting a new mattress, investing in black-out curtains or taking a warm bath. Each helps create the ideal environment for sleep. When your body temperature is right, and you’re not distracted by the flashing screen of an alarm clock or smartphone, you’ll find sleep easier to get.
- Eat nutritious foods. Consume foods that are high in nutrients and low in calories. Give your body the respect that it deserves by providing it with high-quality fuel. Experiment with new ingredients and recipes. You’ll find eating the best foods is easy when you’re creatively inspired in preparing them.
- Drink plenty of water. Chronic dehydration is something that many women experience on a constant basis. Water helps the body’s many systems do their job. One of the best things you can do for yourself and health is to drink water all day long. Buy a water bottle that you enjoy carrying and fill it full of cold H2O.
This is the year for good health and happiness! Make OBGYN High Desert part of your journey in 2019. Dr. Ahmadinia and staff are ready to help with your healthcare needs. If you’re looking for a friendly and knowledgeable gynecologist because you’ve just moved to the area, you’re in luck. We’re accepting new patients in the new year!