When selecting a new OBGYN in the High Desert, there are many things to consider. First and foremost is how long of a drive you’ll make to get to the doctor’s office. The next is what types of insurance are accepted. Once you’ve got an idea of both of those things, it’s time to interview the doctor to see if they’re a right fit for you.
Here are some questions you should ask your OBGYN:
- “What are the services you recommend for patients like me?” Ask the doctor what types of exams and procedures are right for a woman your age. If you have medical conditions, disclose them and ask how the doctor deals with the issue(s).
- “How private is my medical information?” Although there are laws protecting patient rights, it’s important to know the steps a doctor takes to ensure that his or her patients feel safe and comfortable while having an exam, procedure or surgery done.
- “How long have you been practicing?” This gives you a better idea of the type of experience your doctor brings to the exam table. It’s not an indication of knowledge and skill but more importantly mental fortitude, commitment, and devotion.
- “Do you hold any certifications I should know about?” It’s important to know how much education and skill your doctor has as well. It gives you an idea as to what to expect from the services this OBGYN provides.
- “What do you value as a professional?” Dr. Ahmadinia is committed to providing each woman with the individual care and attention she deserves, throughout all of the stages of her life. Our goal is to develop a personal relationship with each patient, allowing you to feel as if you are working with a trusted friend and ally throughout your life.
You shouldn’t feel shy asking physician questions. Dr. Ahmadinia puts your mind to ease with his knowledge of the human body and women’s health. That’s why so many patients come to the clinic of Ahmadinia Reza MD.