COVID-19, aka the coronavirus, is a hot topic. It has affected the world we know dramatically in recent weeks and changed the way we live our personal and professional lives. To protect our patients from the deadly virus, we’ve decided to take the time to discuss it today in greater detail.
Preventing the Spread of the Coronavirus
The coronavirus spreads through droplets that come from an infected person’s mouth when they cough, sneeze, or spit. You need to maintain six feet of distance between you and everyone you encounter as well as wear a face mask that protects your mouth and nose whenever you do go out in public. Paying close attention to the CDC’s guidelines can help flatten the curve and prevent the outbreak from worsening.
Some of the steps you should take to protect yourself and others from the deadly virus include:
- Washing your hands with soap and water frequently. Make handwashing a habit. Use warm water and turn off the handles using a paper towel to refrain from contaminating your clean hands.
- Follow stay-at-home orders. Shelter in place. Do not leave your home for anything but necessities.
- Practice social distancing. Do not gather with people outside your home. Maintain six feet apart from the people you come into contact with while grocery shopping.
- Eat healthy foods and drink water. Nourish and hydrate your body. You’re going to need to maintain the excellent health that you worked so hard to have in your life.
- Report symptoms to your doctor right away. If you suspect that you’re ill, contact your primary care physician immediately. Tell them what is going on with you so they can give you further instructions on what to do next.
Staying at home unless travel is imperative to your survival is highly recommended. If you need to buy food, get medicine or visit your doctor, you can leave the house. You should stay indoors for the rest of the time to keep yourself and your family well.
Wash Your Hands Often and Heed the CDC’s Warnings
Dr. Ahmadinia cannot emphasize the importance of good handwashing hygiene enough. Taking the steps that you can take to prevent the spread of the virus is imperative. The ease in which it transmits from one person to another is something to be noted. If you do not need to travel for any reason, you should stay at home until otherwise told not to do so.