Pregnancy is a special time for any woman. It is a time where she might feel excited and overjoyed about the upcoming birth of her child, but she also could feel scared and nervous about the changes that are going to occur in her body. At Reza Ahmadinia OBGYN, we work with High Desert women in order to ensure that they have safe, happy and healthy pregnancies. We provide the following tips to Apple Valley women who have recently found out that they are going to be having a baby.
What are the Top 3 Do’s of Pregnancy?
- Do see your OB/GYN on a regular basis. Prenatal care is essential, beginning at the start of your pregnancy. Most women will see a doctor at least every four weeks for the first and second trimesters. During the third trimester and as your due date nears, you will likely see your OB/GYN on a more frequent basis.
- Enjoy a healthy diet and regular exercise. Pregnant women are not only nourishing themselves, but also their unborn child. A diet that is rich in important vitamins and essential nutrients will allow you to feel your best as well as help your baby grow to be strong and healthy. Moderate exercise can help you to avoid excessive weight gain, and also allows your body to stay fit while you are pregnant. Light walking, prenatal yoga and moderate stretching are all recommended during pregnancy.
- Discuss all medications you are taking with your doctor as soon as you find out you are expecting. Your doctor will help you determine which medications are safe during your pregnancy.
What are the Top 3 Don’ts of Pregnancy?
- Do not smoke, drink or do drugs. This can harm your unborn baby and can pose a risk of complications before, during and after delivery.
- Avoid toxic chemicals. BPAs, mercury and pesticides all should be avoided, especially during the first trimester.
- Avoid taking baths that are too hot or participating in any activities that raise your total body temperature. If your body temperature rises too quickly, it can cause stress for your baby. This can increase the risk of complications for your pregnancy and delivery.
Women are invited to bring all questions, concerns and comments regarding their pregnancies to their routine prenatal appointments. Dr. Ahmadinia will take the time to talk with you about your current stage of pregnancy, what you should be expecting at that time and what you can expect to happen in the future. By providing women with open, honest and accurate information about pregnancy, he feels that women have more enjoyment and less stress throughout the entire process. If you have recently found out that you are expecting, be sure to set up your first prenatal appointment with Dr. Ahmadinia today.