National Walking Day takes place on April 7th, 2021. It’s a great time to learn more about the beneficial practice and the annual event. Walking benefits the body and the mind. It has noted physical and mental health benefits, which are detailed below.
The Benefits of Regular Walking
Walking is among the healthiest habits you can develop. It can be done for leisure or as a form of exercise. Either way, it’s highly beneficial. It increases your health and overall well-being quickly.
Some of the many benefits of walking regularly include:
- A lower risk of mortality. Walking can help you live longer by reducing your risk for deadly diseases such as heart attack, stroke, and Type 2 Diabetes.
- An easier time losing and maintaining weight. A walking routine allows you to work many of your upper and lower muscles and stay trim.
- Assists with memory. A recent study proved that older adults remember more after spending time walking.
- Helps relieve stress through an increase in the production of endorphins. Your brain’s feel-good chemicals are hard to resist!
- Allows you to get a better night’s rest. Walking helps you feel more tired at night when sleep is imperative.
Celebrate National Walking Day this April. Lace-up your sneakers, grab a family member, friend, or pet, and get outdoors. It’s the perfect way to work on your health. Walking not only strengthens the body but also helps clear the mind. It’s a low-impact form of exercise that requires no special equipment and can be done anywhere in the world.
Other Ways to Benefit Your Health This Spring
There are many ways to benefit your health this season. One, in particular, can increase your longevity, improve your wellness, and provide you with a greater sense of peace and happiness. It’s scheduling your next appointment with OBGYN High Desert. Dr. Ahmadinia and Dr. Dauphin want to make the experience as comfortable as possible for you.
Call us today so we can get you put into our schedule. We’re pleased to know that you’ve decided to make your health a priority this spring. We work with you to develop personalized treatment plans that enhance your well-being and correct any of the problems you’ve encountered with your health. If you have questions that need answers, ask one of the doctors when you come to visit us at your next scheduled appointment time.