Being pregnant is something that many women want for themselves. They want to start a family and do so in a way that ensures the health and safety of their baby. Rather than embark on the journey alone, they consult their OBGYN for tips on making themselves more fertile. One option is to get off the birth control pills or another form of contraception that you’ve been taking.
What You Can Do to Help Your Body Be Strong, Healthy, and Ready for Baby
A strong, healthy body can help you navigate pregnancy easier. So, what does it entail? What can you do to be a better, brighter version of yourself today?
Here are some of the things you can do to prepare your body for pregnancy:
- Take a prenatal vitamin daily. You need folate to prevent birth defects in your child.
- Drink lots of water. It helps reduce swelling and keeps you from becoming dehydrated.
- Get plenty of fresh air. It’s an excellent stress-reducer, and the sun is a natural source of Vitamin D.
- Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats. Upgrade your shopping list because now you’re eating for two!
- Find new ways to move your body. Do what feels good to you as frequently as you can.
- Install a pregnancy app on your phone that allows you to see what’s happening to your body at various stages of your pregnancy. Follow along as your baby grows and develops inside of you.
The more aware you are of the things you can do to prepare for your pregnancy, the less likely you’ll do things that could harm you and your baby’s health. Making it a point to attend all scheduled appointments ensures that you’re able to benefit from regular health screenings, tests, and treatments offered by your OBGYN.
Set Up an Appointment with OBGYN High Desert Today
Are you trying to get pregnant? Did you just find out that you’re carrying a child and want to have the healthiest pregnancy possible? If so, it’s time to set up an appointment with OBGYN High Desert today. Dr. Ahmadinia and Dr. Dauphin are available to assist you with navigating motherhood from the moment you conceive until long after your child stops breastfeeding.
Reduce your risks and provides you with greater peace of mind
Setting up an appointment to see your OBGYN to have a pregnancy test administered or a special diet and exercise plan written up is something we highly recommend. It helps reduce your risks and provides you with greater peace of mind while pregnant. Getting on a prenatal vitamin right away is also something that you’ll want to do to prevent the risk of birth defects in your child.