Did you know that biking to work provides you with many benefits? If you didn’t, you should consider the impact that biking has on the planet. It’s far healthier for you to ride somewhere than it is to drive there. You’re not burning fossil fuels, and you’re getting some much-needed exercise, too!
Bike to Work Day takes place on May 20. It’s an initiative that encourages people to ride their bikes to work. If you haven’t had a lot of experience biking to work, you’re in luck. There are many resources available to help you celebrate Bike to Work Day by taking action and leaving your car at home. You can bike with friends and work colleagues, too, making the event as social as possible for you and other women.
What Biking to Work Helps You Accomplish
More than just a feeling of personal satisfaction, biking to work helps you achieve a lot. You can take what you’ve learned from the experience and share it with others who could benefit from it. You’ll find out very quickly if biking is the right method of transportation for you.
Here are some of the things you gain from bicycling:
- Better health. Bicycling is an excellent form of exercise. It works your muscles and increases your sense of balance.
- Lower transportation costs. If you like biking to work on Bike to Work Day, you can do it the rest of the year for minimal cost. You’ll only need to keep up maintenance on your bike.
- A greater appreciation for your surroundings. When you ride a bike, you see more of what’s around you. You get to spend time outdoors instead of inside a vehicle while you commute.
- A lower carbon footprint. You burn fewer fossil fuels when you take a bike to work. Cars are responsible for CO2 emissions, which lead to greenhouse gases and pollution.
- The opportunity to do something good for you and the planet simultaneously. It feels great to work on your health and take care of the planet at the same time. It’s something you can do with great ease when riding a bike.
As you can see, there are many benefits that come with biking to work. You’ll find it much easier to get the job done safely and conveniently if you take some time to consider what you gain from the experience. By the time you’ve reflected on Bike to Work Day, you’ll likely want to continue biking to work long-term.
Make Healthy Habits Part of Your Daily Routine
Give biking to work a try. It can become part of your healthy routine, much like seeing your OBGYN often. Reaching out to Dr. Ahmadinia ensures you get the help that you need when you need it the most. Having access to exceptional gynecological care makes all the difference. It, like bicycling regularly, promotes good health and mental well-being.