Reza Ahmadinia OBGYN is proud to provide Obstetrics and Gynecology care to the women of Apple Valley in the High Desert area. At Reza Ahmadinia OBGYN, Dr. Ahmadinia believes exercise, diet, and a healthy weight is an excellent way for Obstetrics patients to maintain good health throughout their pregnancy. Always talk to the doctor before starting any type of exercise during pregnancy.
Health Benefits of Exercise for a Pregnant Woman
- The health benefits of exercising for a pregnant woman are numerous.
- Exercise improves sleep
- Boosts your mood
- Reduces aches and pains caused by your growing/stretching body
- May help prevent or keep gestational diabetes under control
- Exercise may also help keep preeclampsia a serious condition, at bay
- May help with intestinal issues such as constipation, along with a diet high in fiber and exercise your digestive system will continue to “work” as it did before you became pregnant
- Exercise also prepares your body for childbirth and makes it easier to get your figure back after the baby is born.
- Pregnant women who exercise regularly are less likely to require a forceps delivery, C-Section, require an episiotomy or any other type of intervention during the labor and delivery stage.
The Best Exercises for Pregnant Women
Swimming – Is probably the safest and best exercise for a pregnant woman. You can reap the benefits of cardio exercise, both the small and large muscle group get a good workout, and you will feel weightless in the water. Which is perfect for not putting any extra strain on your body.
Walking – Is the best cardio exercise you can do, make sure you wear supportive shoes and try to walk on flat ground. Walking will also help you shed weight that is not needed for you or the baby. If walking becomes uncomfortable later in the pregnancy, then swimming can take its place.
If you regularly exercised before you became pregnant talk to your doctor about maintaining the exercise program, you are doing. If you are in good health and not a high-risk pregnancy, the doctor may okay the exercise routine you have in place.
Dr. Ahmadinia OB/GYN is an exceptional physician and provides each of his Apple Valley, and High Desert area patients the best Gynecology and Obstetrics care available.