Apple Valley High Risk Prenatal Care Specialist Dr. Ahmadinia of OBGYN High Desert wants you to feel confident in the care he provides for you and your unborn child. That’s why he takes the time needed to meet with you and discuss your individual needs as a pregnant woman. He takes into account your medical history, age, and prior pregnancies to determine the best course of action for you and your baby while in his care. As an Apple Valley resident, there is no better place for you to receive high risk prenatal care than OBGYN High Desert.
Who is Considered High Risk?
An OBGYN that specializes in high risk prenatal care is a valuable asset. Your doctor provides important screenings, testing, and treatment options that reduce the risk of miscarriage and other complications while pregnant. Knowing if you are considered “high risk” is important because it allows you and your baby or babies to receive the care that you deserve and require.
A pregnant woman is considered “high risk” if:
- You’re a teenager at the time of your pregnancy. Being younger than the average mother can pose problems for teenage mothers.
- You’re older than 35 years old. Being older than the average mother is also something doctors consider when evaluating you and your unborn child.
- You’re very underweight or overweight. Either condition can cause complications due to the stress it puts on your body.
- You have a pre-existing health condition such as high blood pressure, cancer or diabetes. You may be required to take prescribed medication, and it may not be ideal for your baby.
- You’re carrying multiple babies in the womb. Being able to carry all babies to term and deliver them naturally can be challenging which is why your doctor will want to pay close attention to you while pregnant.
What Dr. Ahmadinia Does for Patients Who are Deemed High Risk?
As soon as you suspect you’re pregnant, schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Ahmadinia at OBGYN High Desert. He’ll administer a pregnancy test and confirm that you’re carrying a child. That way, you’re able to get the attention and prenatal care that you and your baby need.